What You Should Know About Mold Removal

Do you have mold that appears on your walls, in your bathroom, on the ceiling or behind furniture in contact with cold walls (poorly ventilated area)? These blackish traces are the cause of the development of fungi. The word mold is frequently used to describe the microscopic fungi that develop on organic materials but also on wet materials. Molds are usually black or white. They mostly look like stains and in some cases give off an unpleasant odor of mold or soil.


There is a link between mold, indoor temperature, humidity and occupant health problems. If the causes of mold are identified and they are treated effectively, they will not come back. Otherwise, the health of the occupants and the functioning of the respiratory system are at risk in the medium term. You must not neglect this problem.


The consequences of mold on the aesthetics and the healthiness of your houses are important.


Mold removal process

Mold removal specialist injects a semi-liquid cream based with concentrated silane. Once injected, the active ingredient diffuses in all directions and blocks the moisture present in the walls. It is the very high content of active material (> 80%) and its composition based on nano-molecules allow a perfect diffusion in the micro-porosities of the support (up to 6 cm around the perforation).


Measure the drilling height (about 15 centimeters from the ground). If a coating covers the wall, it will be removed. Drilling horizontally in the joint. Spacing 10 to 12 cm. Drilling diameter 10 to 12 mm. Injection of the product into the holes.  Complete distribution and refilling (not required) in about 7 days.


It is important to note that the symptoms experienced may also be caused by other types of indoor air contaminants, such as tobacco smoke, volatile organic compounds, (mainly formaldehyde, from household products like paints and varnishes and building materials, including chipboard or plywood). The same applies to allergens from, for example, saliva and pet hair as well as airborne particles from, for example, wood burning or cooking appliances.


If you think that your symptoms or those of your family may be caused by mold, consult a health professional. 


People at risk

Some people are more likely to develop health problems as a result of exposure to mold. This includes people with allergies, asthma or chronic respiratory diseases, infants and young children, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems due to, for example, chemotherapy or recent organ transplantation. 


You can take certain precautions to avoid exposing yourself to mold and developing related health problems. It is important to prevent the development of mold in the house and recognize them when they are present.